When used the right way, marketing automation can help businesses make the most of their time spent on digital marketing.
Small business owners often have a limited amount of resources, time and staff. This leaves them lacking time to execute compelling marketing.
But strategic marketing automation changes everything.
It enables your business to create complex campaigns that drive traffic, conversions and sales. As you can imagine, this is a game changer for those struggling with a lack of time and resources. Your business will finally have the online exposure you have always wanted.
Benefits Marketing Automation
These benefits apply to any sized business in any type of industry. Everyone can reap the rewards of a smart marketing automation strategy.
Overall, it will help you:
- Save Time
- Nurture Leads
- Build Your Brand
- Track Metrics
- Understand Customers
Those seem like some pretty powerful benefits. Let’s talk about each of them individually so you can really understand exactly how marketing automation can help your business.
Save Time to Spend Time
In our experience, small and medium-sized business owners save the most time with the following marketing automation benefits:
- New email subscribers, you have the opportunity to engage with them right away through an automated, personalized introductory email.
- Automate your sales funnel by triggering certain offers and promotions based on their email and website behavior.
- Setup a lead nurturing campaign to help turn cold leads scorching hot.
These are some surface level ways you can save time with automation. Of course, the deeper you get into the strategy, the more potential time savers you’ll uncover.
Nurture Leads and Automate the Sales Cycle
Lead nurturing is all about educating qualified leads before they’re ready to buy. That way your company comes to mind first when they are ready to make a purchase.
If you’re looking for a way to increase conversions, lead nurturing may be just what you need. Here are a few compelling statistics about lead nurturing and the effect that it can have on your business:
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than other leads. (The Annuitas Group)
- 79% of leads never convert to sales. This poor performance is often due to a lack of proper lead nurturing. (MarketingSherpa)
- Companies with strong lead nurturing strategies generate 50% more sales-ready leads at a 33% lower cost. (Marketo)
And lead nurturing – along with all forms of marketing automation – isn’t limited to just email. You can create entire multi-channel campaigns.
Create and Maintain a Consistent Brand Image
Small business owners often struggle with image. Without the proper amount of time and resources, they can’t focus on the minutia of digital marketing.
Luckily, automation takes the day-to-day monotony out of the equation.
Marketing automation allows you to keep a consistent brand image, regardless of your business size or industry. Using a platform, like Hubspot, and a bit of strategic planning with your automation software, you can:
- Capture and store brand-related information.
- Engage new prospects through consistent messages, imagery and content.
- Run regular marketing campaigns to keep prospective and existing customers interested in your business.
- Monitor the entire company-wide brand image.
- Adjust your strategy based on data and metrics the software collects.
- Equip your marketing and business development teams with insightful data about your potential customers.
If you want a way to systemize your messaging and delivery, this is the strategy for you!
Receive Detailed Reports to Track Success
One thing we love about digital marketing is its ability to track and report data. That’s simply not something that they could do back in the mad-men era of marketing.
Not only does it make digital marketers and agencies accountable, it provides business owners with invaluable insight into their customers. These kinds of metrics can show successes, failures and opportunities in every campaign you run.
You’ll get access to information like:
- Number of Inquiries
- Marketing-Qualified Leads (MQL)
- Sales Accepted Leads (SAL)
- Sales Qualified Leads (SQL)
- Closed/Won/Lost Business
And once you understand these types of metrics, you can make improvements in your marketing and sales team accordingly.
“Where are we losing leads?”
That’s the kind of question your marketing automation reports can help you answer.
Build Useful and Detailed Customer Profiles
There’s no better way to get a full, detailed view of your customers than through intelligent marketing automation software. If you’re looking for a breakthrough marketing strategy, then you’ll love the data this type of software can collect.
Import Their Social Data
Automation solutions often allow you to import a lead’s social information into their customer profile. This allows you to see how they interact on social media, what they’re interested in and what they’re saying.
Understand How They Interact
The great thing about digital marketing is it allows prospects to interact with you without you having to interact directly with them.
Viewing your website, reading your content and downloading your resources are all a part of the sales cycle. And with automation software, you can see exactly what they’re choosing to interact with.
This will help you understand where they are in the sales cycle and the type of content that resonates with them.
Track What They’ve Experienced
Every time you have a customer service interaction with a customer, you can integrate that information directly into their profile.
With that kind of integration, your entire team will benefit:
- Sales reps gain a better understanding of a prospect’s experience with the trial or demo they signed up for.
- Your services team can see which customers might be most receptive to an upsell email.
- You can understand how your customers – as a whole – perceive your product.
Are You Ready to Implement this Strategy?
This strategy takes some time to setup and implement. It’s a lofty undertaking for most small and medium-sized business owners.
But it’s well worth the investment.
Being able to turn all these tedious tasks on autopilot has one common benefit:
Marketing automation enables your business to grow and scale.
What more could you ask for?